The World Championships, and European Championships take place every year in Middle and Sprint distances. Every other year the WQF have a Long Distances World Championships, these Races are published on our Events page, or can be viewed on the WQF website quadrathlon.com
Any BQA member can apply to represent the GB Team at the World/European Championships. Please read the GB Team guidelines below.
Ian Smith GB team Coordinator
Purpose of GB team
• Inspire team members and other athletes
• Represent BQA and British quadrathletes
• Raise expectations/standards of quadrathlon in GB
• To compete successfully, and help to promote international competition.
The GB team is a collection of athletes brought together for a specific competition, or series of competitions.
The method of team selection, if required, will be published on BQA website before the target competition. It will be based on
• Results at nominated selection events
• By application to team coordinator/BQA
• By invitation from team coordinator/ BQA
Role of team coordinator
To facilitate athletes to compete at international events
Coordinate selection of GB team
Liaise between athletes and event organisers/ BQA/WQF
Raise the profile of International Quadrathlon events
Role of athletes representing GB
• Be able to compete on the type of course, and in the environment of the ‘Target Race’. Any athlete uncertain of their suitability should contact the team coordinator for advice
• be comprehensive members of the BQA
• to comply with World Quadrathlon Federation (WQF) regulations.
• be prepared to dress and conduct themselves in a manner befitting a British Team member
• be prepared to give support to the Sports Council and other sponsors in promotional aspects
Age Groups representing GB
Each age group will be considered, and ranked, separately.The age group eligibility per distance categories are:
Youth : Sprint, Middle, WITH PARENTAL CONSENT
Junior: Sprint, Middle
U23, Elite and Masters: Sprint, Middle, Long
Youths: 16 – 17 years
Juniors: 18 – 19 years
U23: 20 – 22 years
Elite: 23 – 39 years
Masters: 40 years and older.
Masters are separated in the following age groups:
Masters 40: 40 – 49 years
Masters 50: 50 – 59 years
Masters 60: 60 – 69 years
Seniors: 70 years and older